So, who wouldn't want to win this? Well, except maybe sister... she's not so crafty.
TodaysMama and Provo Craft are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year? An immersion blender, a Cricut, fabric, a new computer (oh wait, we just got that...), world peace? Although, my husband has already finished shopping for me, and I've only told him one of those things. I didn't give him my list until he'd already got my big present.
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received? My mom gave me a nativity made of wood. Nothing fancy, but I love it.
3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle? I tried scarves and they turned out great, now my husband wants me to crochet some gloves. I don't know that I really want to tackle it, but it would be interesting.
4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child? I don't remember many, (although I remember every year my dad coming down the stairs after turning the lights on the tree and saying Santa didn't come - so predictable) but I remember the year we got the Nintendo DS. We put that thing back in the box for weeks every time we were done playing with it - only to have to get it out again when we wanted to play. Once Everett got sick of that and left it out, I threw the worst tantrum I remember. I screamed "No, No, No! Put it where it goes!" over and over. I was even on the ground kicking and punching. Seriously, I had issues.
5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year? They're not quite old enough to make lists. But Lottie's getting a play kitchen and Kelsey is getting a musical learning table.
6. What is your favorite holiday food? Nuts & Bolts (my mom's version of Chex Mix), or the fudge... maybe caramels? I love all of the tastes and smells of holiday food.
7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays? I made a clutch for one of my girls night girls (Kristyn, if you're reading this, I need to get you your gift - act surprised). I haven't done too much crafting for gifts this year.
8. What is your favorite holiday movie? A Charlie Brown Christmas, or It's a Wonderful Life.
9. Favorite holiday song? I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
10. Favorite holiday pastime? I love decorating the tree. And I love Christmas Eve. My family's tradition is to have breakfast for dinner, read the Christmas story from the Bible, and each open one present. I love the traditions. Brad's family has a giant hoagie sandwich on Christmas Eve, and on Christmas they open one gift at a time so everyone can see what each other received. I am glad that we both have such strong traditions that we can merge together to pass on to our children, and that we have started our own traditions.